Welcome

{ Welcome to our blog. :) We hope that you will read, enjoy, comment, and keep coming back. We love our readers ;) }

#4 is taking too long...

I hate when I can't sleep!!! A lot of nights are like this for me. Right now it's 2am and my mind is racing which means I could either lay in bed for an hour or two and do nothing but think or... I could update my blog.

My husband and I have been looking off and on for a house since September of last year. We had a house in mind back then but the day before we would have put in an offer it sold. I'm glad because the market has dropped a lot since then but it has happened a few times recently too... it seems like they sell just as we see them. We put an offer on a house a couple weeks ago and didn't get it. I'm just tired of looking. Tired of being disappointed and tired of waiting. I didn't know buying a house could take so long. Maybe it's not always that way... I'm just picky and I'm probably hoping for too good of a deal.Anyway I'm sure we have searched through hundreds of homes, driven by over 60 and walked through over 20 or 30.

Last Friday my Husband and I put an offer on another house and I have been waiting a week to hear back. Tomorrow I'm sure I will get bad news again that the offer was too low (even though both have been above asking price. Like I said I'm just looking for a screaming deal and they usually do go higher). I walked through the house once, we put the offer in, and I didn't want to go for a second look because I knew it would just get my hopes up even more. I know tomorrow I will probably be back to looking for a house to buy and I'm trying to prepare for that. In the time that I haven't been sleeping I made a list of 7 more homes that I might want to look at.

In a few months I'm hoping to have goal #4 off my list! (I made you all a little picture in Photoshop)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Laura said...

Home shopping can be very frustrating. I cannot believe that homes go a little above price! The market is so horrible for sellers here in Ohio. Everyone I know is losing money on their houses and pretty much have to give them up in order to sell it.
Hopefully you'll get good news.

Micheline said...

cute picture! That was me up the other night - not able to sleep and finally went to bed at 4:30.
I hate to see you and Jeremy so frustrated with buying a home. It will happen, but might take longer than you want!

Toni said...

Oh the joys of house shopping! At least you guys have options though! In Green River, you find a house and you take it! Ours is purple! Ha Ha! I hope everything goes well with this last offer! It would be way exciting! Take care!