Welcome

{ Welcome to our blog. :) We hope that you will read, enjoy, comment, and keep coming back. We love our readers ;) }

Have you ever seen a....? • eastern idaho photographer

This post is bringing back memories of my childhood and singing the song "Down By The Bay" (click the link and on the side you can listen... if you really want to...)
Down by the bay
Where the watermelons grow
Back to my home
I dare not go
For if I do
My mother will say
"Did you ever see a moose
Kissing a goose
Down by the bay?"

Anyhow, Yesterday we took a little fishing trip with our family because yesterday was free fishing day in Idaho! Yippy!



We didn't have too much luck with the fishing (I caught one fish, Jeremy none, Emma played in the mud) but the drive and exploring we did was well worth it! This is why...

Have you ever seen a blue beak duck?




Jeremy got this awesome shot...

A stork or a pelican??? maybe?

And you wouldn't believe that I was able to get out of the car and get up this close to her. :) Happy Day. I was maybe 25 yards away... (70-200 lens)

I cheated with this one.... It's was on an elk farm. ;)


11 comments:

Midlife Midwife said...

Great shots. But where are the pictures of your fish? Or are you just telling big fish tales?

Maria Nissen said...

Love your nature shots, Jo. You are a complete package AND you were the only one to catch a fish. I agree with midlife midwife...where is the fish??

Maria Nissen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candi said...

Wow, talk about Nature! Germany did a great shot with the bird! I loved the ones with the swan

Brewer Family said...

I think it is beautiful there. I am so glad you guys are loving Idaho!

Missy said...

Beautiful pictures! Is there a nearbye house for rent by chance? Seriously, I would love to be surrounded by nature like that!

Megan said...

wow jo jo! you are amazing! now i wanna move to idaho!!

Minnette said...

Awesome shots! Where you close to Driggs? We have some good friends that have an elk farm there, but I'm sure there is more then one. You've got to love Idaho ;)

Mandy Hank said...

Gosh Jo- you must be in photographer heaven up there- it's beautiful and looks like there is tons to snap!

Photography By Jo said...

Thanks everyone! Idaho is the best. Everyone should move here. ;)

Amber G. said...

Wow! These are incredible (and I DO live here, but I have never snapped shots like these!!) The one your husband got of the hawk flying is unbelievable. They're all amazing... makes me want to take my camera out on my next walk!