Welcome

{ Welcome to our blog. :) We hope that you will read, enjoy, comment, and keep coming back. We love our readers ;) }

I'm so proud of myself!

It use to be that... I would NOT TOUCH a mouse trap. Jeremy had to do all the mouse hunting because our traps USE to look like this: (the kind that you are afraid are going to snap your fingers off when trying to set them, and that it disgusts you to have to pry the mouse out...)

NOW they look like this:

I'm proud of myself because tonight I caught TWO mice within ten min. (without the hubby's help) making our total 7 since moving in! My trick is this trap and peanut butter! I like that it kills them instantly. No tails or feet and I like it because you use it like a hair clip... open by pinching the ends, it stays open, mouse goes for a snack, mouse gets a snap, I pick it up (not having to touch any part of the mouse), pinch it open again and the mouse goes straight in the trash. Easy as cake! So for those of you with mice problems... Here's your solution.

P.S. I am in no way complaining because the farm is totally worth all the mice! I love it here :) and I hope I'm not loosing blog readers because of this post! Comment so I know I'm not going to loose you ;)

12 comments:

Micheline said...

I'm glad it's not me with the mice!
(how's that for a comment?)

Minnette said...

Jo, you make me smile :) I'd hope that you wouldn't loose readers over sharing your life and it little menacing moments! You are handling it with such a great attitude! Thanks for the info it might come in handy someday ;)

Kelli Stuart said...

ya know, i grew up out in the country, and if you'll keep a male outside cat, they will take care of all those mice, and even some moles and snakes. we always had cats growing up and never had a single mouse in all that time of living in the country!

Mandy Hank said...

Not at all Jo- I'm proud of you too- we had problems with mice in our house once and they just ate the peanut butter and kept going- never worked for us. Just think they gained some weight- LOL

Photography By Jo said...

hahaha I'm worried that the mice just might get smart and just eat the peanut butter. Our neighbors are going to bring over a litter of kittens and a momma cat for us in the near future (for outside, I'm allergic) so I'm guessing that will help.

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Lol.. you are so funny. Why would people stop reading because of this post. I think it's great that you found a way to take care of the mice that's a little less disgusting for you. Glad that you're enjoying the farm DESPITE the mice problem.

Photography By Jo said...

I've become a little mouse assassin! For all the creature lovers I don't want to offend. ;)

Maria Nissen said...

Hmm...while you're killing mice in Idaho, I'm trying to save little ducklings in Scottsdale. :-) I'll post photos soon.

allegra said...

you know, living on a farm sounds really dreamy right now actually. i'd take the mice any day. and, in fact, i almost would take a mouse over a cockroach hands down. is that weird? i'm glad you found a little trap that works!!

your compliments always make me blush. i really am so flattered. and i'm always kicking myself we never got around to that dang photoswap in phoenix!!

Midlife Midwife said...

Hey as long as you aren't posting post mortem pictures of the dead mice I'll hang around.

Robyn and Anthony said...

Jo, Hey Its Anthony Mackelprang. Not sure if you remember us but you took our family picture back in November with my yellow chevy truck??? Does that ring a bell??? Anyways we just had a newborn and I'd like to see if we can meet up and get some pictures of him. I lost your email address so when you get this drop me a comment on our blog or something. Thanks Anthony (ifixcars3@hotmail.com)

Amber G. said...

Hi Jo, my name is Amber Glanville -- I'm a friend of Diane B's (well, sort of... in blog land, anyway!) We recently moved to Idaho too (the northern part, though) and I just thought I'd say "welcome to the state!" :-)

Your photography is inspiring and I love hearing about your farm. We actually did just the opposite. We lived on a twenty acre farm waaaaay out in mountains of NE Washington and we moved to civilization (five very fancy non-farmy acres right outside the city limits.) I'm missing my farm like CRAZY!!! I feel like a duck outta water, so I am going to enjoy reading along as you share your adventures. :-)

Amber G